Everyone goes through tough times at some point in life: a death in the family, prolonged illness, divorce, unemployment. Even less traumatic events, such as a move or other significant life transitions can trigger the need for someone to come alongside and walk with you through the difficulty.
A Stephen Minister is trained to do just that – to walk with someone going through a difficult time. WUC has Stephen Ministers who are trained to provide effective Christian care to others, along with Stephen Leaders Del Berry and Chris Stumpf.
About Stephen Ministry
- Provides one-on-one (man-to-man or woman-to-woman) care for individuals in need, for as long as needed. Caregivers and care receivers normally meet once a week for about an hour.
- Confidential, wholistic care. Stephen Ministry is not meant to take the place of Christian professional care such as a counseling or pastoral care
- A Stephen Minister may recommend other church or community resources that would be of assistance during the period of need.
- Supervision and continuing education so caregivers are well-equipped and supported and able to provide the best care for their care receivers
Members of WUC who are in crisis or experiencing other difficulties (such as those listed below), are encouraged to contact our Stephen Leaders Del Berry or Chris Stumpf. If you are experiencing any of the following, you may benefit from the ministry of a Stephen Minister:
- Health Issues
- Elderly and Loneliness
- Terminally ill and their families
- Job Crisis
- Disabled and their families
- Separated or Divorced
- Experiencing the birth/adoption of a child
- Experiencing a new season in life: marriage, college, first-time parents, empty nesters or retirement
Over the years, well over one-and-a-half million people have benefited from the one-to-one, confidential, Christ-centered care of a Stephen Minister.
How to Request a Stephen Minister
Contact: Mickey Mittong: email@example.com
Contact: Christ Stumpf: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Vicki Hunt email@example.com
This is a free service offere to our congregation and surrounding community